Vastu for Temples
Temples are rich in architecture. They are said to be the abodes of Gods. They have not only been places of worship but also meeting places for people of different cultures.
There are about 20 types of Temples. They are based on the plans on which they are built. The importance of construction of temples is highlighted by the Shastras and Puranas. They tell us
- One who wishes to construct a temple is freed from sins incurred in previous births.
- One who builds a temple gets all the benefits that cannot be got even by doing rituals and sacrifices.
- One gets the benefit of bathing in many holy waters.
- One who builds even a small temple by contributing a part of one's earnings gets superior and immense merits in one's life.
- One who builds a temple is born as a man of good deeds and his family is purified. He or she get more merit than giving charity.
Small temples can be built in factories. If they are built carefully on Vastu guidelines, we can infer that the temples will provide solace to the people who visit the area, thereby serving the purpose for which they are built.
The balancing for the Pancha Mahabootas or five elements of nature done by the proper placement of furniture, water bodies, electrical and electronic gadgets, locating doors etc., with the aid of Vastu Shastra, helps in the flow of cosmic energies in a regulated manner. This leads to happiness of the people.
- Efficiently harnesses known physical energies like solar, thermal, magnetic, electrical and other known & unknown cosmic energies
- Enhances artistic value of the constructions
- Maximizes compatibility/harmony among the devotees of the building
- Delivers a highly functional and optimized spaces
- Blends the natural surroundings to the constructions
- Protects from natural calamities like earthquakes, cyclones, etc